Do a good thing for charity – go shopping @ Myrorna
Many second hand stores that you will find in Sweden are charity shops & here at Myrorna, all the proceeds from this chain of stores goes to the Salvation army. They have many second hand stores in Stockholm & each one is different so it is worth visiting a few. Their range of second hand goods in most stores extends from kitchenware to clothes, books (not just in Swedish) to textiles & furniture to household furnishings (homewares). Myrorna is also an excellent place to buy cheap fabric for craft projects (from their textiles section on the bottom floor) as I have found new fabric to be very expensive here in Sweden. It doesn’t even need to be specifically new fabric – for example, I bought two old table runners and from that I have made 6 table napkins & plan to make 2 cushions as well (photos to follow shortly).
While they all tend to have clothes & some homewares, below I have listed some of the Myrorna stores which have larger sections of some items:
- Götgatan, Södermalm – This store is spread across two floors and has a good selection of textile, books, homewares & a limited furniture selection.
- The Vasastan, Norrtullsgatan store has an interesting collection of paintings as well as a large children’s clothes, books & toys section.
- The store on Kungsholmen, Fleminggatan has the largest textile section I have seen, books, DVDs and even electrical appliances. The clothing section is vast & I would recommend a visit to this store.
- Sollentuna, Stinsen – Being less centrally located, this store has more of a community feel & contains furniture, many homewares & has a good clothing section.
- If you are looking for furniture, try the Ropsten store where they have a good selection of larger furniture items.
Exact locations & opening times of their 11 Stockholm stores can be found on their website.
Locations & Opening Times:
Götgatan, Söder – Götgatan 79 (Weekdays 10-18.30, Saturday 11-17)
Kungsholmen, Fleminggatan Store – Fleminggatan 89 (Weekdays 11-19, Saturday 11-17)
Vasastan, Norrtullsgatan Store – Norrtullsgatan 9 (Weekdays 10-18, Saturday 10-16)
Sollentuna, Stinsen Store – Glimmervägen 13 (Weekdays 10-18, 11-17)
Ropsten Store- Kolargatan 2 (Weekdays 10-18, Saturday 10-17, Sunday 12-16)
For details on their other stores across Stockholm as well as the rest of Sweden, visit myrorna.se
Götgatan store on Södermalm
Vasastan, Norrtullsgatan Store
Kungsholmen, Fleminggatan Store
Sollentuna, Stinsen Store
27th April 2014
And if you're planning on visiting Stockholm any time soon, Booking.com has some great deals on hotels in and around the city. Highly recommended!