Café 60 – late night café in Stockholm
As part of Stockholm on a Shoestring, we think it is only right to include reviews of some of the more well-known cafés in Stockholm – some of which are on more of a shoestring budget than others.
We have already reviewed some favourites among Stockholmers including:
For many Stockholmers, Café 60 is on that list of cafés that every Swede has been to or, at the very least, knows about. Located in Vasastan, and open until the early hours of the morning at the weekend.
But not everyone is so enamoured with Café 60 – I have read many a scathing review of this place. So here’s what we think:
- The prices are fairly standard.
- Their savoury food is nothing to write home about (If you’re here for food, go for a pie over a sandwich).
- Their selection of cakes & sweet treats is incredibly vast – and tasty too!
- Their tea mugs are enormous = better value. (We like!)
- They have expanded their already quite large premises in recent times, making it easier to get a seat in one of their rooms in one of the two floors.
But the best thing about Cafe 60 in my mind is that it is the perfect winter café. Find a window seat upstairs and you can sit there for hours in the candlelit cosiness, chatting with friends as you watch the snow falling on the streets outside. I am also a huge advocate for the idea of cafés being open until the early hours of the morning. Where else in the world does this happen? Because I need to go there!
Overall, Café 60 is worth a visit…especially if you are in Stockholm over the dark winter months which seem to visit us every year.
Location: Sveavägen 60, 11134 Stockholm
Nearest Tube: Rådmansgatan (Green Line)
Monday- Thursday : 7:00-0:00
Friday: 7:00 – 2:00
Saturday: 9:00 – 2:00
Sunday: 10:00 – 0:00
Do you know of a Stockholm shoestring restaurant or café we should check out? Leave a comment below – we love to hear from you!
25th September 2014
And if you're planning on visiting Stockholm any time soon, Booking.com has some great deals on hotels in and around the city. Highly recommended!